In solar system, Charge Controller plays the main role as they work as a safeguard of the battery against overcharging and against discharge in excess of a given limit value. Except this function, Rentec’s charge controllers increase the efficiency of the system as a whole. Rentec has various range of PWM and MPPT solar charge controllers used for solar home sy stem, solar street light, solar fridge, telecommunication, industrial sectors, etc.
Since 2004, more than 8,00,000 pcs Solar charge controllers of Phocos AG Germany are installed in Bangladesh under the solar program of IDCOL and other project. In Bangladesh most of the organizations use 10 amp charge controllers for the solar home system (10Wp to 135WP), but Rentec suggests to use specific charge controllers for specific sizes of panel instead of same charge controllers for all system. Self-energy consumption of our charge controllers are very negligible, for example for CML model charge controller, 5A to 20A, 12/24 V, use for solar home system, consume <4mA, which indicates highly energy efficient controller.
Many of the solar charge controllers have additional features, including the ability to automatically turn DC powered loads off or on, such as lights. Others may be used with relatively high voltages of strings of solar panels. Additionally, some solar charge controllers can provide monitoring of your batteries’ voltage and amp-hours left and even connect to home data network for remote monitoring. IDCOL approved 3 models of charge controllers i.e. 2A, 5A and 8A of Phocos.
Details of the charge controllers are given below:
- CML series Solar Charge Controller, 5A, 8A, 10A, 15A, 20A, 12/24V (auto recognition). CML 5A and CML 8A are approved by BUET and IDCOL for solar home system under IDCOL program, self consumption is less than 4 mA.
- CIS Industrial Solar Charge Controller series, 5A, 10A, 20A, 12/24V for street light
- CX series, 10A, 20A, 40A, 12/24V and 24/48V for solar refrigerator and other programming as it has a datalogging system, can store data more than 6 months
- MPPT Solar Charge Controller, MPPT 10A, 20A, 30A, 40A, 60A, 65A, 80A, 120A, 12V/24V/48V,
- Modular Power Switch/charge controller, MPS 45A. 80A, 12/24/48V,
- Solar Charge Controller, PL Series, 20A, 40A, 60A, 12/24/32/36/48V, etc